Early Childhood Curriculum
Excellence in Ursuline education begins at the Early Childhood Center of the Manor House, our beautiful estate home which now features a new, built-to-suit classroom wing. The Villa offers two program choices in early childhood learning to meet the needs of every Villa family. Our programs are are characterized by strong partnerships between teacher and parent. All children at the Manor House enjoy activities throughout our beautiful campus, where opportunities for outdoor education abound.
Toddler Program (2-years-old by August 15, 2016)
- Two mornings per week, 8:15 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Schedule options of Monday and Tuesday OR Thursday and Friday
- Small classses allow for enrichment and socialization, encouraging growth and independence
Montessori Program (3-, 4-, and 5-year-olds)
- Multi-age environment with all-day and half-day options for 3's and 4's; an all day schedule for Montessori Kindergartners
- After-Care available until 6:00 p.m.
- Highly-qualified, Montessori trained and degreed teachers
- Hands-on, child-centered approach to early childhood education
- Wealth of core Montessori concrete and manipulative materials which can be adapted to individual learning styles
- Strong developmental program that carefully follows the Montessori model to ensure continuous growth and a successful transition to first grade
- Field trips and guest presenters/programs
- Classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science and physical education (3's, 4's and K's)
- Kindergarteners benefit from classes in computer, French or Spanish, and LEAP (Learning Enrichment Activities Programs)
Traditional Preschool (3- and 4-year-olds)
- Full-day and half-day programs; after school care available until 6:00 p.m.
- Highly-qualified, experienced teachers with degrees in Early Childhood Education
- Emphasis on physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual development
- Recognition of individual differences; use of hands-ons learning
- Strong curriculum in early literacy and math readiness with creative expression through art, music, and dramatic play
- Field trips and programs by visiting community experts
- Weekly classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science and physical education
- All-day program with after school care available until 6:00
- Highly-qualified, experienced, degreed teachers
- Low teacher/student ratio
- Emphasis on whole child development that honors individual differences
- Strong academic curriculum to maximize success in first grade
- Field trips and guest programs
- Classes with specialty teachers in art, music, library science, physical education, computer, French or Spanish, and LEAP (Learning Activities Enrichment Program)