Manor House - Early Childhood Information
Traditional 3- & 4-year-old Preschool and Montessori 3-, 4-, & 5-year-olds
Visiting or Volunteering at the School:
All visitors and volunteers are required to sign in at the Manor House lobby and obtain a nametag.
Parents of Manor House children may take their child directly to his/her classroom. A word of caution – the class may be at the Main School for a specialty class (Art, Gym, etc.) in which case you will go to the Main School office and ask Kathy Krieger to locate the class.
Child Leaving Early:
Send a note with your child informing the teacher the reason and time your child must leave. Manor House students should be picked up at their classroom.
Toilet Training Policy:
Your child must be independent in taking care of all bathroom needs.
- Children must wear traditional underwear to school, not pull-ups or other absorbent undergarments.
- Children must be able to independently recognize the need to use the toilet, and get to the toilet in a timely manner without having “potty accidents.”
- Children must be able to get on and off the toilet without assistance from an adult.
- Children must be able to use the toilet provided by St. Ursula Villa without the help of a potty chair or training seat.
- Children must be able to pull pants up and down on their own.
(Does not apply to Toddler/2-year-olds)
Full-Day students in Montessori and Traditional Preschool pack their lunches. Due to food sensitivities, the Manor House is a nut-free zone.
Full-Day Manor House students nap every day from 12:00-1:30. We provide them with a cot; each student brings their own pillow and blanket. These are sent home weekly to be laundered.
After-school care is available from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. for all Villa students, preschool through 8th grade. Registration is required. Schedule, costs, rules, and registration are available on Edline. Emergency After-Care is available on a limited basis and is arranged by calling Kathy Krieger at the school office at ext 1200. Contact Tricia Scherer , After-Care Director at : ext 2105.